Monday, February 23, 2009

Twilight - stuff hot people LOVE

Today marks a celebration in my life, but also a great loss. I have finished the final book in the Twilight saga. I feel simultaneously set free from this evil captor that dominated my life for the last month, but also sad and lost without its constant influx of unyielding passion.

The hold Stephanie Meyer has had over me is truly unique. She turned me, determined cynic with highbrow literary tastes for serious tomes of historical non-fiction into a desperate addict of rampant teenage lust. Incredible. I used to think that the only worthy depiction of true love in the literary world was The Alchemist. But alas, and it pains me to admit this, but Fatima aint got nothin on Bella. Girlfriend is one hormonal heavy weight.

Reading Twilight has been an adventure of mind and spirit. I have sunk to the depths and soared with the eagles. And now it is over. I feel used and abused. And like I am about to experience withdrawal. I already feel anxiety and moodiness creeping at the edges of my emotional equilibrium. I am going to blog my way out of this hole. I hope you are ready to absorb the scope of my misery.

There is nothing more invigorating and titillating than discovering another twilight junky. I happen to be so lucky as to live with the world's greatest living fan of this series. We have shared many a chuckle, and many more a wistful tear for dear Bella and Edward. We will never truly be happy in any human romantic scenario. Our hearts are his.

However, even the most committed fan eventually loses their high from just reading alone. We needed something stronger, some new way to find that passion. And it came to us on Thursday night. While stumbling through a martini infused haze we suddenly began hissing at each other in traditional vampire fashion. Our crazed eyes met and we knew that the obvious next step was to begin living the Twilight story, right here, in Glover Park.

The debate that then ensued was visionary to put it mildly. There was a lot to decide. Who would be who? Clearly I am Alice - tiny and graceful helloo!!!!! No, but she has brown hair and can see the future, so thats legit. And Polly has to be Rosalie - blond, the epitome of physical perfection, and instinctually maternal. But beyond these two obvi's we were a little bit unsure as how the rest of the players would shake down.

Rad was a real problem. Should we lean towards Jacob's devotion, height, and innate canine ferocity? Or toward Esme's loving spirit? Or perhaps Bella - the mothership of womanly devotion and emotional attachment?? So many possibilities.

And of course, Edward is not yet assigned. If you happen to know any Edward like humans, Polly and I are both eager to be introduced.

Anyway, long story short, we LOVE twilight. So MUCH. and we love hissing at each other at bars and making claw hands like we are about to attack and suck your blood. So, if you see us doing this, don't freak out.

No comments:

Post a Comment